Ignore me!

29 January, 2016

Hello, Goodbye

Hello, 
Can you read me? 
I was wondering if after all these years you’d like a sheet.
To go over, 
Everything. 
I’ve forgotten how it felt before the work fell in front me.
There’s such a distance,
Between us,
And a million trials.
So hello from the writer’s side. (Writer’s side)
I must have wrote a thousand lines. (Thousand lines)
To tell you,
I’m sorry,
For failing my part,
But when I tried,
Stuff just seems,
To get in my way,
All the time.

      Ok, I can’t keep this up. There’s a limit to how many rhymes I can come up with from the top of my head.

      Anyway, hello everyone, it’s me. (Now I can’t get that song out of my head, AGAIN.) It’s been quite a while since I posted something, 1 year and 2 months to be exact. As you could guess from my parody lyrics, stuff just got in the way. Last year was my SPM year, and school work got busy whether academic, co-curricular or regarding the position I had in school. Of course, personal and private stuff also arose, but they are called “personal and private” for a reason, so don’t ask.

      So, why am I writing this now instead of straight up abandoning blogging and YouTube-ing? Because I’m not abandoning them. I would love to keep doing these as long as I have the time, privacy and hardware (and probably software) to keep up. Blogging has been a great opportunity for me to share my opinions and feelings without posting a 1000 word Facebook post; while YouTube-ing is just a fun little way for me to play video games, speak English and make videos all at the same time. However, I can’t promise that I’ll be doing these regularly (as always), because my life is taking a huge big step forward.

      On to the announcement: I will be going to college! How exciting is that? After 6 years in primary school and 5 years in secondary school, here comes 4 years (at least) in college! And after that, there’s just roughly 30 to 40 years of work until retirement. Wow, if you put it that way, life seems boring doesn’t it? Well, hopefully it’s better than it seems. I mean, there’s still marriage and having a family and being worried about not making ends meet and all that, so yeah life isn’t as boring as it seems.

      Anyway, I managed to enrol in the January intake Foundation programme for Asia Pacific University (APU) with a 50% Merit Scholarship using my SPM trial examination results. Some people WILL have questions so I’ll kindly list out some FAQs that I received so that you guys can just stop bugging me.

Q: Why Asia Pacific University?
A: They’re famous for their IT courses, and I wish to head out in that direction.

Q: Why not wait till the actual results come out?
A: I’m not aiming for bursary and I already know which field I am going towards. I’m also not confident that my actual SPM results will be better or even at par with my trials results, which would affect my Merit Scholarship.

Q: Don’t you wanna go study overseas?
A: No.

Q: Studying overseas is so much better than in Malaysia! You can’t survive in Malaysia! Just go immigrate there after you finish your studies and work there! You’ll be much richer and happier!
A: Firstly, that’s not a question.  Next, have you seen our current economy lately? 1 USD is RM4.40 right now! I’m not making my family broke just so I can study overseas. If I get bursary, sure I’ll CONSIDER it. By the way, I believe we can survive in Malaysia just fine as long as we can work hard and deal with problems the smart way. As for richer and happier, I don’t aim to be rich. Currency is a somewhat arbitrary value. It’s just an effing number. As long as I have enough money to live I’m happy.

Q: What about YouTube-ing and blogging?
A: Like I said earlier, no promises. I might be too busy with coursework and all that to be doing these stuff. Believe me, I really hope that I can manage to get some videos and blog posts out again. YouTube videos might be a little tough as I will be living with other people in an apartment, and I'm not sure if my new laptop (Yes, I'm getting a new laptop.) can handle both playing games and recording at the same time. I'll experiment with it when it arrives, which should be soon. Blog posts should not be a problem, and I'd love to share my life experiences in college.

      So there you have it. I'm actually finishing up this post a few days after when I first started writing this, so I'm actually starting tomorrow! I've moved my stuff over and I hope I'll have a great time in my pre-university life.

      No bullets this time. I'm already late a week. Gotta get this out before my next post comes out in a few hours. By the way, I know Bursary and JPA has been suspended, but my original passage was written before that was announced, so get off me already, geez....

No comments:

Post a Comment